Women Entrepreneurship & Development Cell
The University is having its Women Development Cell (WDC) functioning since 2011-12. The cell has been established to protect the women staff and students associated with the college from any sorts of injustice or sexual harassment of any nature directly and indirectly.
There is a Women Development Cell (WDC) in the college to prevent sexual harassment. It also takes care of anti-ragging measures and other sensitive problems faced by girl students. The college takes every care to monitor and curb insulting and worrying act towards girls.
Functions of WDC
- To make them aware of their rights.
- To help them in knowing the importance of good health and nutrition and facilities available for them
- To help their voice against all kinds of discrimination, them in raising
- To help them (community women) in knowing about reproductive health care and child care.
- Identification of strong leadership and change-makers and building their capacity.
- To promote a culture of respect and equality for the female gender.
- The provision of opportunities and programs for female gender to be financially, mentally and emotionally empowered so as to promote their growth as individuals in their own right
- To make them aware of the guidelines of the Supreme Court and to ensure that sexual harassment is treated as an unacceptable social behaviour within the institution and society.
The Women Development Cell (WDC) is empowered to punish the guilty persons in due consultation with the principal of the university. The nature of the punishment is as follows:
- Information to the parents.
- Verbal warning.
- Written warning.
- Financial punishment
- Information to police for legal inquiry and action (if situation arises so)
- Expelling from college as per rule of university.